Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bye Bye Beach

It looks like Saturday will be my last day on the beach, for the Summer.

For me, this really isn't that big a deal except that, this year was the first time in many that I was actually able to get and maintain a tan.  Starting with our trip to Hawaii and then quite a few days I either took Karina and her friends to the beach or we went as a family to just hang out for the day, I've been able to keep a tan.

I remember when I was in high, or middle, school, Marsha's dad would drop us off at the beach for the day.  It was a group of us girls and we'd just hang out, talk, laugh, watch the boys and do whatever it is that teen aged girls do.  It was fun and our parents felt totally comfortable leaving us there.  This year I'd planned to do the same with Karina and her friends thinking that at 15, or there abouts, they could be trusted to behave.  The other parents didn't seem to think so, so I ended up staying with them, tanning more than I already had.

This Saturday we'll be at the beach again as our church is having a beach party and to take advantage of it, we're having baptisms.  Karina has decided to be baptised too.  I'm very proud of her.  This year she went on her mission trip to New Orleans or NOLA and decided that it was time.  I decided a while back not to try to push her into the decision because I knew should would decide when it was right for her.  I'm glad I waited because now I know she isnt' doing it for anyone but herself.

So, we'll be out there on the sand partying, celebrating and eating, I'm sure.  I'm going equipped with tanning lotion because my tan is fading fast and I don't know if I'll ever have a free Summer like I have this year.  I'm not sure if I haven't found a job because as with everyone else, it's just hard right now or if it was because I just needed to have time at home with my daughter.  It's the first Summer in her life that I've ever been home with her not only through the Summer, but just this much time not working.  It was good.

As we've heard all things must end, so I'm planning on having a good time Saturday.  Celebrating the end of Summer and my daughters step into a new life.  Thank you Jesus for both!

2 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

That sounds like a good plan! There is always something wonderful that comes out of some of the unexpected inconveniences that come our way, like not finding a job; your daughter's 15 year is an important one, and having you around I bet has made a memorable moment in her life! Bravo to her for going on this mission on her own! And Bravo to your for making her possible. Anita

Bunnym said...

I didn't leave a comment on your prior entry cuz .....yuk! Anyways,
I haven't had time to go to the beach this summer, dang it. I think we went once, but we are going this Sunday I think. Man, I love the beach and someday I hope to retire either on it or pretty close to it.
We are very lucky to live so close to it.