Friday, August 12, 2011

HOME ALONE

I'm home alone.  Something new to me.  It's not like I have a house full of kids living at home.  No, I only have one who lives here, but it's rare that I should be here alone with no one knocking on the door.  Unusual for an apartment manager.

My daughter is far, far away, which makes me a little sad but I know she'll be home Tuesday the 16th.  She's way over on the other side of the world.  India to be exact.  About 13 hours time difference.  She won't be coming home tonight and because it's Friday, hopefully most tenants are out enjoying their Friday night or indoors resting from a week of work.

So I figured, what better time to write.  Almost got distracted but decided not to let anything get in the way of a little time for me.  I showered, changed into something comfy, smeared myself crazy with lotion and sat down at the computer with wet hair.  WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING!!!  YES!

I've been on GO and GO fast, for the last month or so, waiting for this moment.  This one.  Right here and now.  It's a little odd now that I'm here.  I keep thinking I should be doing something else, not that I want to, but when you spend so much time on the go you have to re-train yourself to stop.  I stop all the time but it's usually because I've fallen asleep.  Sad, isn't it?

As long as I'm here, I think I should write something.  Maybe something clever.  Something funny.  Something deep.  No, something utterly ridiculous........Darn, ain't that the way.  I have the time but I'll be darned if I can think of anything to write!

I'm getting mad; I can't think of anything to write.  Maybe if I talked to someone I'd get some ideas.  Speaking of which, why the heck has no one called me?  Doesn't anyone care?  Doesn't anyone want to spend time with me?  Is it something I said or did?  Maybe it's my hair; I knew I should have colored it lighter.  It could be my clothes, I haven't bought any clothes for a long time now.  I'm out of style and those few pounds I gained have turned everyone off.  I've been eating too much garlic lately, my breath is probably horrendous...oh, jeez, I forgot to polish my toenails and everyone has noticed.  It might be that the last time I hung out with any friends I was boring.  I need spice up the conversation, learn a new language, get a new look, pick up an instrument............Whoaaaaaaaaa!   Maybe this time alone stuff isn't such a good idea after all....

5 comments:

Debbie said...

NAH. Nothing wrong with you Comadre. But you have plans with us tomorrow! Dinner/drinks/laughs! 6 pm. Be there or be square!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY DARLING DARLING COUSIN...

THIS, is the perfect time to write. You have chosen the perfect time. What interests you the most? Poetry? Fiction, non-fiction, WHAT? WHATEVER it is, read the greats. Look at what they do, how they do it. YOU are a talented writer. But even the most talented need guidance. You know what? LOOK FOR A LITERARY GROUP in your area. Or, look for other writers that you can connect with. Darn I wish we were closer.

How about a Skype conversation today????? How about I just call you, even if you are in the middle of something??????

I am gonna do it. Back later. Moi

Rattus Scribus said...

Hi Marie,
"Go and Go Fast". Those are the two speeds of America. I can so relate. Yet it is often between Go and Go Fast where we get those things done we actually want to, things for us, our growth, our flowering, our fulfillment, our dreams.

Anita and I loved our last Skype with you. Let's do another one.
We'll be out shopping for a while today, but in the afternoon we'll be home. Great time to chat.

Love you
Ruben

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dance Shoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.