Wednesday, April 1, 2009

God is Good

I hear people say it all the time; "God is Good". I bet that anytime there's a church gathering or group of Christians united for any particular reason that phrase is said on a regular basis. For me, the phrase is just plain simple fact, Sunday or not.

I read a friends blog yesterday. She announced her blog post on Facebook so that people would go to her blog and read it. I give her lots of credit. Not only because she drew people to her blog by using Facebook, but because she knows that she has friends and family using Facebook who are not Christian and could use a boost of faith in these difficult economic times. Smart thinking if you ask me.

So I read her blog and was not surprised at what she had to say regarding her faith and how much her views and struggles have changed since coming to know the Lord. I'm right there with her in that I share in her beliefs and trust God with my life. But I guess that's not really why I decided to write today. I thought it interesting that after reading her blog, I found myself wondering if I prayed enough. In case you're thinking it, I'm not fanatical. I believe in sharing my faith but, I don't "praise the Lord" in my every conversation. Maybe I should, who knows.

Throughout the remainder of the evening, after reading, the question would come to me "do I pray enough?". I don't think it was with guilt or a feeling of being any less Christian, it was just a thought. Eventually I went to bed without a real answer.

4:45 a.m. this morning I wake up. My husband wakes up. Unusual; we normally wake up about 6:30 a.m. or so. He asks "Are you okay", I say "Fine. You?". He asks "do you pray a lot?"....... do, do, do , do.....
do, do, do , do Another dimension...do not change your television dial.........

Husband says we need to pray together more. You think I'm gonna question that? Uh, uh. God will use anyone...anything...anytime...to speak to you, won't he? God IS Good.

Gotta go. I need to spend time with God.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave and I have had some of those exact same moments, and they are chilling and thrilling at the same time. Yes Maria, God is good, all the time.

Judi T.

Marie said...

I could really see that happening with you two. Really. You're almost like one person in two bodies.