Sunday, March 1, 2009

i need MORE! i NEED more! I need more!

Seriously, say it however you want. The truth of the matter is, I need more time away.

Juan Carlos and I went to a couples retreat this weekend, except it wasn't for the weekend. It was only for one night. The price was right, the suite was perfect, the speakers were wonderful, the food was decent, the materials fantastic, the amount of time.....NOT enough.

Listen, when you haven't had a vacation for something like 3 years, one night just does not make it. Look at it like this: I worked Friday morning, went home packed and left for Irvine. Met up with the other couples and had a Maahhhvelous time. Laughed till we cried. Went to our room, relaxed and watched a movie (and never you mind anything else). Got up in the morning, ate and went into our sessions. Went to get a bite to eat with 3 other couples. Arrived at home Saturday 'bout 4:30 with every intention of resting, but did I? No, of course not.

Don't get me wrong, it was so nice to get away for even just that little bit of time with my husband but...okay, I'm a massage therapist so Friday as I was re-setting the massage room at the spa where I work. At some point I went into a dream of my ideal spa setting. I pictured Carlos and I someplace like Lake Tahoe; you know, up in the mountains somewhere, a log cabin type massage room BUT with an open ceiling looking up into the night sky; you can see the stars and the tops of the pines while laying on the table face up (would that be cool or what?). Then after your massage, you go into the jacuzzi; another open roof. You feel the cold from outside so you slip into the hot water and Never, ever, ever wanna come out. Of course, your spouse is there with you and your whispering sweet nothings.....hello! Wake-up Marie! Geez....finish cleaning the room.

If I had it my way, we'd still be gone you know. Relaxing, eating, laughing, maybe even a drink or two, what the heck... couldn't hurt! Is it true what they say? No rest for the wicked? Or is it that I just want too much.

I'm going to bed. Maybe I can dream about it and wake up feeling refreshed. Hey, It could happen.....

No comments: